Requests for Proposals
Nebraska VR (Vocational Rehabilitation) requests proposals for the development and implementation of innovative short-term programs to provide career exploration and personal development opportunities for transition students with disabilities during the summer of 2017.
Nebraska VR intends to contract with several qualified applicants for a period up to 5 months to develop and implement Pre-Employment Transition Services for eligible and potentially eligible students with disabilities, aged 14-21 years old enrolled in school. Download copy of the RFP or contact Nebraska VR at 402-750-2324 or toll free at 877-637-3422.
Proposals are due by 5 pm CT on 2/17/17.Download RFP
Fifteen innovative short-term programs to provide career exploration and personal development opportunities for transition students with disabilities during the summer of 2016 were developed.
Summary of all of the Nebraska VR Summer Transition Program proposals that were approved by the State Board of Education on May 6, 2016.
1. Goodwill Industries, Inc. for a Summer Work Experience Program for up to 24 students with disabilities in the Omaha/Blair area.
2. Autism Center if Nebraska Inc. for a Work Readiness and Preparation Program for up to 50 students with high functioning Autism in Lincoln and Omaha.
3. Disability Rights Nebraska for a Self-Advocacy for Youth with Disabilities Program to serve 30 students with disabilities in Lincoln in cooperation with Arc of Lincoln/Autism Family Network.
4. ESU 16 for a Student Work Education and Employment Program (SWEEP) for 15 students with disabilities in a 21,000 square mile rural area.
5. Easter Seals for a Nebraska Empowered Youth Camp, emphasizing self-advocacy, youth leadership, independent living and future workplace skills for a maximum of 25 students with disabilities.
6. Independence Rising for a workplace readiness training for 10-15 students with disabilities living in Hall County.
7. Developmental Services of Nebraska Inc. for a Career Camp for 12-48 students with disabilities throughout the summer that will address the 5 core pre-employment transition activities (PETS).
8.Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) of Douglas County for the development of OSHA certification, First Aid/CPR/AED required in the construction field, and hands-on construction skill acquisition for students with disabilities in the Omaha area.
9. Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) of Lancaster County for the development of OSHA certification, First Aid/CPR/AED required in the construction field, and hands-on construction skill acquisition for students with disabilities in the Lincoln area.
10. Easter Seals for a job exploration, workplace readiness and postsecondary training exploration program serving 15 students with disabilities in the Kearney area.
11. Camp Scott in Scottsbluff to implement a career readiness, life skills and job skills program for 9-12 transition students with disabilities that participate in their 5 week summer camp.
12. The League of Human Dignity to implement a curriculum that includes workplace readiness, independent living skills, self-advocacy for at least 30 students with disabilities in Norfolk, Omaha and Lincoln.
13. DC West Community Schools (Waterloo and Valley) for a pre employment, life skills and job skills program with skills reinforcement on a job site for 12 students with mild to moderate disabilities.
14. ESU 13 to provide a program that will encompass job exploration opportunities, workplace readiness training and work based learning experiences for 9 students with disabilities in conjunction with the Hampton Inn in Scottsbluff.
15. York Public schools for a career exploration, employability skills, independent living skills, and interviewing skills program for students with disabilities attending York Public Schools.
It is the policy of the Nebraska Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin or genetic information in its education programs, administration, policies, employment or other agency programs.